British Embassy Sofia
9, Moskovska St
Telephone +359 2933 9222
Fax (+359) 2 933 9250
You can contact us by phone 24/7 +359 2 933 9222.
Use our contact form for consular enquiries, including on your rights after the UK’s exit from the EU:
For enquiries that are not about consular issues, email BritishEmbassySofia@fco.gov.uk
From Monday 16 March 2020, the Embassy is closed to visitors due to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Bulgaria. Access to the Consular Section is by appointment only.
The Sofia Consular Section office works by appointment only and is therefore not open to the public at all times. See more information on how to make an appointment here.
2020 Public Holidays
|Wednesday 1 January||New Year’s Day|
|Tuesday 3 March||Bulgarian Liberation Day|
|Friday 10 April||Good Friday (UK)|
|Monday 13 April||Easter Monday (UK)|
|Friday 17 April||Good Friday (BG)|
|Monday 20 April||Easter Monday (BG)|
|Friday 1 May||Labour Day|
|Wednesday 6 May||St George’s Day|
|Monday 25 May||Day of the Slavonic Alphabet (substitute day for 24th)|
|Monday 7 September||Bulgarian Unification Day (substitute day for 6th)|
|Tuesday 22 September||Bulgarian Independence Day|
|Thursday 24 December||Christmas Eve|
|Friday 25 December||Christmas Day|
|Monday 28 December||Boxing Day (substitute day for 26th)|
All visa enquiries are now provided by an external commercial partner.
Visa applications to travel to the UK must be made in advance online through the TLS Contact website
Should you need to contact UK Visas & Immigration (including status updates, supporting documents and guidance) please visit the UKVI website
The British Embassy Sofia is keen to ensure that their buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members of the public. Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of disabled access at this embassy. We hope this information is helpful.
General physical access
- all entrances to the building are unobstructed
- wheelchair access to the office is gained by using the lift
- the Embassy is equipped with a toilet specially designed for the needs of wheelchair users and those with limited physical mobility located on the 4th floor and on level -3
- commercial parking facilities are available next to the building. They have full transfer space for wheelchairs
- floor coverings within the embassy are safe and even
- internal doors are mostly fire doors and therefore heavy and not easy to use for those with mobility impairment
- the building is generally well lit; the embassy is fitted with emergency alarms and arrangements are in place for assisting disabled visitors in case of emergency/evacuation
Access for visually-impaired and deaf/ hard of hearing visitors
- signs are mostly clear and easy to read. Please ask if you require any help with any information within the Embassy
- guide and hearing dogs are welcome
- minicom and textphones are not installed