British Embassy Sarajevo
- Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 5pm
- Friday, 8:30am to 2:30pm
The Sarajevo Consular Section office works by appointment only and is therefore not open to the public at all times. See more information on how to make an appointment here.
2018 public holidays
- Monday 1 January (both offices)
- Monday 8 January (both offices)
- Tuesday 9 January (Banja Luka office)
- Friday 30 March (Sarajevo office)
- Monday 2 April (Sarajevo office)
- Friday 6 April (Banja Luka office)
- Monday 9 April (Banja Luka office)
- Monday 30 April (both offices)
- Tuesday 1 May (both offices)
- Wednesday 9 May (Banja Luka office)
- Monday 28 May (both offices)
- Friday 15 June (Sarajevo office)
- Tuesday to Wednesday 21 to 22 August (Sarajevo office)
- Monday 27 August (both offices)
- Monday 26 November (both offices)
- Tuesday to Wednesday 25 to 26 December (both offices)
Getting to the embassy
The embassy is located in Hamdije Cemerlica 39a street, on the 10th floor of Vodoprivreda building.
Sarajevo has hundreds of taxis and finding one at any time is never a problem. Take a taxi and ask to be dropped off at ‘Britanska ambasada, Hamdije Cemerlica 39a’.
By tram or bus
Bus number 31e as well as all trams stop at ‘Pofalici’ tram and bus stations, a 3 minute walk from the embassy.
By trolley bus
All trolley buses stop at ‘Grbavica’ station, 5 minute walk from the embassy.
We are sorry that there is no public parking space in front of the embassy. However, there is plenty of available parking space in the streets around the embassy.
We do our utmost to ensure a safe and secure environment for your visit. Please co-operate with our security team as they conduct their checks and controls, each of which should take only a few minutes. The security measures in place are for the benefit of all visitors and staff.
Visitors to our office will have to go through the security checkpoint at the entrance. Mobile phones and electronic devices are not allowed inside the embassy premises.
The embassy is fully accessible for disabled visitors and two lifts are in operation up to our offices on the 10th floor. If you need special assistance, please contact the embassy before your visit.
If you feel that our services may be inaccessible to you, please contact our receptionists on +387 (0) 33 282 200 who will try to find an alternative way of providing access for you.