British Consulate General Jerusalem, main contact
British Consulate General
15 Nashashibi Street
Sheikh Jarrah Quarter
East Jerusalem 97200
P O Box 19690
The Occupied Palestinian Territories
Contact form https://www.contact-em...
Telephone +972 (02) 541 4100
Fax +972 (02) 532 2368
+374 10 264301
For consular enquiries, use the contact form.
For non consular enquiries, email email@example.com.
- Monday to Thursday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Friday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm (Local time)
- Only through appointments. More information about the Consulate’s Consular services can be found here
The Consulate, including the Consular Section, will be closed on the following days in 2019:
|Tuesday 1 January||New Year’s Day|
|Friday 19 April||Good Friday (Western)|
|Monday 22 April||Easter Monday (Western)|
|Monday 29 April||Easter Monday (Eastern)|
|Monday 6 May||Early May Bank Holiday**|
|Monday 27 May||Spring Bank Holiday|
|Tuesday 28 May||Privilege Holiday for Queen’s Birthday|
|Wednesday 5 June||Eid El Fitr*|
|Thursday 6 June||Eid El Fitr*|
|Monday 12 August||Eid Al-Adha*|
|Tuesday 13 August||Eid Al-Adha*|
|Monday 26 August||Summer Bank Holiday|
|Wednesday 9 October||Yom Kippur**|
|Wednesday 25 December||Christmas Day|
|Thursday 26 December||Boxing Day|
*Muslim holidays are subject to lunar observation and therefore subject to change at short notice
**BCG has 13 fixed holidays when BCG will be closed. It will open on the 6th May, Early May Bank Holiday and 9th October, Yom Kippur. Staff may choose to take one of these two dates as an additional holiday, in discussion with their line manager.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and this Consulate-General are keen to ensure that their buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members of the public. Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of disabled access at this Consulate-General. We hope this information is helpful.
General physical access
- there are small steps that must be negotiated to enter the main pedestrian entrance. The Consulate security staff are available to assist.
- wheelchair access to the office is gained by using the mobile wheelchair ramp.
- the public areas of the Consular Section, including the counter and interview room, are easily accessible to those in wheelchairs or with physical disabilities.
- main inside entrance doors are fire doors and therefore heavy and not easy to use for those with mobility impairment.
- the building and territory lighting of the Consulate are good on all levels.
- the Consulate is fitted with emergency alarms and arrangements are in place for assisting disabled visitors in case of emergency/evacuation.
- the Consulate is not equipped with lifts and handrails.
- the Consulate toilets are not especially designed for the needs of wheelchair-users and those with limited physical mobility.
Access for visually-impaired visitors/ Access for Deaf/hard of hearing visitors
- signs within the Consulate are mostly clear and easy to read in English, Arabic and Hebrew languages. Please ask if you require any help with any information within the Consulate.
- the Consulate reception counter has an efficient speaker amplification system.
If you need to visit us or use our services and feel that they may be inaccessible to you, please contact us at +972 (0)2 5414100 who will try to find an alternative way of providing access for you.