Office access and opening times
Public holidays and information about accessing the British Consulate General Jerusalem.
Monday to Thursday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Friday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm (Local time)
- When calling outside normal hours, you may hear a message stating that our offices are closed. However, we are available 24/7. If in need of urgent consular assistance, please stay on the line and select the option for ‘calling about an emergency involving a British National (option 4)’ to speak to an officer.
- Some services require appointments. More information about the Consulate General’s routine Consular services can be found here
The Consulate General, will be closed on the following days in 2022:
|Monday 3 January||In lieu of New Year’s Day|
|Friday 15 April||Good Friday (Western)|
|Monday 18 April||Easter Monday (Western)|
|Monday 25 April||Easter Monday (Eastern)|
|Monday 2 May||Early May Bank Holiday|
|Tuesday 3 May||Eid El Fitr*|
|Wednesday 4 May||Eid El Fitr*|
|Thursday 2 June||Spring Bank Holiday|
|Friday 3 June||Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday|
|Monday 11 July||Eid Al-Adha*|
|Tuesday 12 July||Eid Al-Adha*|
|Monday 29 August||Summer Bank Holiday|
|Wednesday 5 October||Yom Kippur|
|Monday 26 December||Boxing Day|
|Tuesday 27 December||In lieu of Christmas Day|
*Muslim holidays are subject to lunar observation and therefore subject to change at short notice.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and this Consulate General are keen to ensure that their buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members of the public. Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of disabled access at this Consulate General. We hope this information is helpful.
General physical access
- There are small steps that must be negotiated to enter the main pedestrian entrance. The Consulate General security staff are available to assist.
- Wheelchair access to the office is gained by using the mobile wheelchair ramp.
- The public areas of the Consular Section, including the counter and interview room, are easily accessible to those in wheelchairs or with physical disabilities.
- Main inside entrance doors are fire doors and therefore heavy and not easy to use for those with mobility impairment.
- The building and territory lighting of the Consulate General are good on all levels.
- The Consulate General is fitted with emergency alarms and arrangements are in place for assisting disabled visitors in case of emergency/evacuation.
- The Consulate General is not equipped with lifts and handrails.
- The Consulate General toilets are not especially designed for the needs of wheelchair-users and those with limited physical mobility.
Access for visually-impaired visitors/ Access for Deaf/hard of hearing visitors
- Signs within the Consulate General are mostly clear and easy to read in English, Arabic and Hebrew languages. Please ask if you require any help with any information within the Consulate General.
- The Consulate General reception counter has an efficient speaker amplification system.
If you need to visit us or use our services and feel that they may be inaccessible to you, please contact us at +972 (0)2 5414100 who will try to find an alternative way of providing access for you.