Vaccine Damage Payment

How to claim

Apply by filling out a claim form. If you’re under 18, your parent or guardian should claim on your behalf.

Send it to:

Vaccine Damage Payments Unit
Palatine House
Lancaster Road
Preston PR1 1HB

You can also contact the Vaccine Damage Payments Unit to ask for a claim form:

Vaccine Damage Payments Units
Telephone: 01772 899 944
Textphone: 0800 731 0317
Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 5pm
Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Find out about call charges

Time limits on making a claim

You can only claim for a child once they are 2 years old.

To claim for an adult, apply by whichever is the latest of the following dates:

  • on or before their 21st birthday (or if they’ve died, the date they would have reached 21)
  • within 6 years of the vaccination

If you disagree with a decision

You can challenge a decision about your claim. This is called asking for mandatory reconsideration.