Make a complaint

If you feel that a council service has not been properly delivered, you can make an official complaint.

  1. Complain to the council service provider.

  2. If you’re still not happy, complain to your council’s complaints officer.

  3. If this does not resolve the issue, you may be able to get the Local Government Ombudsman to look into it.

The Ombudsman considers complaints if you’ve suffered because of:

  • the way a council service has been given
  • how a decision has been made

The Ombudsman usually only considers your complaint once it’s been through your local council’s complaints procedure.

Local Government Ombudsman
Telephone: 0300 061 0614
Find out about call charges