Your family members (‘dependants’) can come with you when you come to the UK on this visa.
A ‘dependant’ is any of the following:
- your partner
- your child under 21 (including children born in the UK)
Documents you must provide
For each family member you must have:
- a current passport or other valid travel identification
- 2 passport size colour photographs
- proof of your relationship, for example a marriage certificate, evidence that you live together, birth certificate
- proof they will live permanently with you
- proof that you have sole responsibility for any dependants aged under 21 if the other parent will not be in the UK, for example written permission or relevant legal documents
- proof that you can support and house yourself and your dependants during your stay, for example bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months
- their tuberculosis test results if they’re from a country where you have to take the test
If your dependant is in the UK and was asked to register with the police when they arrived, you must also provide their police registration certificate.
Dependants applying from outside the UK
If you’re already in the UK and want your family to join you, they must apply online.
They’ll need to visit a visa application centre to have their fingerprints and photograph (known as ‘biometric information’) taken.
They may be able to get their visa faster or other services depending on what country they’re in - check with the visa application centre.
Dependants applying in the UK
You can either:
- include your dependants on your visa application
- ask your dependant to apply separately
If the dependant is your partner, they must apply online as a partner.
You need to apply online for your child.