Switch to this visa
You can switch to a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Creative and sporting) visa if you’re in the UK as a sports or entertainer visitor, and your sponsor gave you a certificate of sponsorship for this visa before you came to the UK.
You can also switch to this visa if you enter the UK as a sports or entertainer visitor after 28 April 2015.
You should apply before your current visa expires.
How long you can stay
You can stay for a maximum of up to 12 months after switching to a Tier 5 (Temporary worker - Creative and sporting) visa.
|Who you’re applying for||Apply online or by post||Apply in person|
|If you’re a citizen of Turkey or FYR Macedonia||£189||£799|
|All dependants||£244 each||£854 each|
How to switch to this visa
You can either:
If you want to apply in person to get a quick decision, follow the instructions in the online application or form.
You can add dependants to your online application - including children who have turned 18 during your stay.
If you apply on the paper form, your dependants need to apply on their own.
You must also provide your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo).
You can give your biometric information at:
- certain Post Office branches if you applied online (this costs £19.20)
- a premium service centre if you applied in person
You’ll get a biometric residence permit if your application to extend your visa is successful.
How long it takes
A decision will be made:
- within 8 weeks for postal and online applications
- usually on the same day if you use the premium service
You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, eg:
- if your supporting documents need to be verified
- if you need to attend an interview
- because of your personal circumstances (for example if you have a criminal conviction)
Once you’ve applied you can stay in the UK until you’ve been given a decision, as long as you applied before your last visa expired.