Temporary Worker - Creative and Sporting visa (Tier 5)

Switch to this visa

You can switch to a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Creative and sporting) visa if you’re in the UK as a sports or entertainer visitor, and your sponsor gave you a certificate of sponsorship for this visa before you came to the UK.

You can also switch to this visa if you enter the UK as a sports or entertainer visitor after 28 April 2015.

You should apply before your current visa expires.

How long you can stay

You can stay for a maximum of up to 12 months after switching to a Tier 5 (Temporary worker - Creative and sporting) visa.


Who you’re applying for Fee
You £244
If you’re a citizen of Turkey or FYR Macedonia £189
All dependants £244 each

You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.

How to switch to this visa

You can either:


You can add dependants to your online application - including children who have turned 18 during your stay.

If you apply on the paper form, your dependants need to apply on their own.

Biometric information

You must also pay £19.20 to have your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo) taken. You’ll be told how to do this after you’ve applied.

You’ll get a biometric residence permit if your application to extend your visa is successful.

How long it takes

A decision will be made within 8 weeks.

You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, for example:

  • if your supporting documents need to be verified
  • if you need to attend an interview
  • because of your personal circumstances (for example if you have a criminal conviction)

Once you’ve applied you can stay in the UK until you’ve been given a decision, as long as you applied before your last visa expired.