You need to:
- have a valid certificate of sponsorship for your job
- prove your knowledge of English
- have personal savings so you can support yourself when you arrive in the UK
- show you can travel and your travel history over the last 5 years
- have tuberculosis test results if you’re from a listed country
You need to have an eligible qualification if you’re switching from a Tier 4 visa.
Certificate of sponsorship
A certificate of sponsorship holds your personal details and information about the job you’ve been offered. It’s an electronic record, not a paper document. Your sponsor will give you a certificate of sponsorship reference number to add to your application.
You can only use your certificate of sponsorship reference number once. You must use it 3 months after getting it.
You must have £945 in your bank account for 90 days before the date you apply.
You won’t need this money if you have either a:
- fully approved (‘A-rated’) sponsor who can give you at least £945 to cover your costs for a month if you need it (your sponsor must confirm this on the certificate of sponsorship)
- Tier 2 visa and you’re applying from within the UK