Documents you must provide

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

  • your certificate of sponsorship reference number
  • proof of your knowledge of English
  • a bank or building society statement or letter that shows you have enough personal savings
  • a current passport or travel document to prove you can travel - you need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa
  • expired passports or travel documents if you need them to show your travel history
  • your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a listed country
  • a letter of endorsement from your sport’s governing body, if you’re applying as a sportsperson or coach

Read the guide for a list of documents you can provide.

If your documents are not in English or Welsh you’ll need to provide a certified translation.

You might need to provide more documents depending on your circumstances.