Statutory demand forms

Choose the form you need, fill it in and deliver (‘serve’) it to the individual or company that owes you money.

You do not need to send a separate letter.

Serve a demand on an individual (including partners in a partnership)

Which form you need depends on whether you’re collecting a debt that’s:

If you’re serving a demand on a business partnership, you need to download and fill in a form for each partner.

Serve a demand on a limited company

Use statutory demand form SD 1.

If you’re in Scotland

You must use a different form to make a statutory demand in Scotland.