Starting to import

Import licences and certificates

You’ll need to get a licence or certificate to import some types of goods.

You might also need to pay an inspection fee for some goods before they’re allowed into the UK.

Animals, plants and agricultural products

Wood and wood products

Medicine, tissues and cells for human application

Chemicals and waste

Guns, weapons and goods that could be used for torture or capital punishment