You must be an approved training body (ATB) with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to provide:

  • compulsory basic training (CBT) for learner motorcyclists
  • direct access scheme (DAS) training to riders learning to ride a large motorcycle

CBT and DAS training must be given by instructors certified by DVSA working for your approved training body.

The sites you use to provide training from must also be approved by DVSA.

The process is different Northern Ireland.