Beta This is new guidance. Complete our quick 5-question survey to help us improve it.
Digital Service Standard
17. Report performance data on the Performance Platform
Why you should report data and how you'll be assessed.
You must report your performance data to meet point 17 of the Digital Service Standard.
You’ll have to explain how you did this at your service assessments.
How point 17 improves your service
The Performance Platform collects your service’s data and presents it in a consistent, structured and easily digestible format - this helps you to:
- make quick, data-driven decisions about how to improve your service
- compare data across multiple government services
- be open and transparent to the public about your service’s performance
How you’ll be assessed
Your assessment and the questions the assessors ask you will vary depending on your service and what it does.
At each phase you should explain how your service has evolved since its last assessment.
To pass you usually need to show you’ve:
- registered your service with the Performance Platform
- checked that it can support the metrics you want to present on your dashboard
To pass you usually need to show:
- your beta dashboard with baseline data, explain your audience for beta and describe how you’ve been using the dashboard during beta
- the metrics that are uploading to the Performance Platform and whether they’re being uploaded manually or automatically
- your published performance dashboard
To pass, you usually need to:
- show your published Performance Platform dashboard, including metrics for the 4 key performance indicators (KPIs), and other metrics
- explain what your other key metrics are and why you’ve chosen them
Explain your service’s evolution
At each phase, you should explain how your service has evolved since its last assessment.
Read these guides to help you report data on the Performance Platform:
- Using data to improve your service: an introduction
- Choosing digital analytics tools
- Measuring digital take-up
- Measuring user satisfaction
- Measuring cost per transaction
- Measuring completion rate
- Sharing data on the Performance Platform
Find out more about:
- Last update:
Guidance first published