See Potential is about encouraging employers to recognise the potential within people regardless of their background.
This includes people who:
- have a criminal record
- are recovering from an addiction
- are homeless
How businesses benefit
Employing people from disadvantaged backgrounds isn’t just good for those individuals.
Research into businesses who’ve employed people from disadvantaged backgrounds found that:
- nearly half saw a direct positive financial impact
- 90% experienced improved staff engagement and capability
- 92% benefitted from an increased brand value
Find out more
You can watch case studies from employers who’ve recruited people from disadvantaged groups.
You can also read our employer information pack for more on the benefits of employing people from disadvantaged groups.
There are a number of organisations who can help you with recruiting people from disadvantaged groups:
- Business in the Community – for how businesses can help tackle some of the key issues facing society
- Nacro – for help with recruiting ex-offenders
- Action on Addiction – for help with recruiting recovering addicts
- Crisis – for help with recruiting homeless people
- Prince’s Trust – for help with recruiting disadvantaged young people, such as care leavers
- Gingerbread – for help with recruiting single parents
To discuss how we can promote the work you do with people from disadvantaged groups to inspire others, contact us at email@example.com.