Sector-based work academies: employer guide
How Jobcentre Plus can help employers fill their vacancies more efficiently through sector-based work academies.
Sector-based work academies are designed to help meet employers’ immediate and future recruitment needs as well as to recruit a workforce with the right skills to sustain and grow their business.
A sector-based work academy can last up to 6 weeks and has 3 main components:
- pre-employment training – relevant to the needs of the business and sector
- a work experience placement – of great benefit to both the individual and a business
- a guaranteed job interview
Sector-based work academies are available in Scotland funded through the Scottish government or other partner organisations. Similar support is available through the ‘Routeways to Work’ programme for claimants in Wales.
Published: 19 March 2013
Updated: 24 March 2017
- Removed outdated PDF attachments and added a new HTML guide on sector-based work academies for employers.
- Updated Sector-based work academies contact details
- First published.