Get funding for college accommodation

Residential Bursary Fund

You may be able to get help with the cost of accommodation from the Residential Bursary Fund (RBF).


You must:

  • meet the residency requirements (your college will check this)
  • be at least 16 and under 19 on 31 August 2018

You may be eligible if you’re 19 and either:

Your course must:

  • be at a specialist residential centre (your college can confirm this)
  • be too far to travel to each day (your college must agree with this)
  • be full-time
  • be ‘16 to 19 funded’ (your college can confirm this)

What you’ll get

Your college will decide how much you get. It depends on your household income.

You can get payments for a maximum of 3 years.

How to claim

Contact the student support officer at your college for an application form and help with applying.