Residential Bursary Fund
You may be able to get help with the cost of accommodation from the Residential Bursary Fund (RBF).
- meet the residency requirements (your college will check this)
- be at least 16 and under 19 on 31 August 2018
You may be eligible if you’re 19 and either:
- continuing on a course you started aged 16 to 18
- have an education, health and care plan (EHCP)
Your course must:
- be at a specialist residential centre (your college can confirm this)
- be too far to travel to each day (your college must agree with this)
- be full-time
- be ‘16 to 19 funded’ (your college can confirm this)
What you’ll get
Your college will decide how much you get. It depends on your household income.
You can get payments for a maximum of 3 years.
How to claim
Contact the student support officer at your college for an application form and help with applying.