Find out if your property is in an area that has flooded

You can request the flood history for the area around an address or postcode in England from the Environment Agency.

The Environment Agency does not have flood records for all areas in England and may not have data for the area around your property.

How to request a flood history report

Email the Environment Agency with the full address (including postcode) of the property or area you want the flood history for.

If you do not know the postcode, you can send a map of the area - attach a file or include a link to an online map.

You may have to pay a fee depending on how long it will take the Environment Agency to produce the report. They’ll let you know if there’s a fee to pay.

You’ll be sent the report by email within 20 working days.

Other ways to get flooding information

You can contact:

You can also check the long term flood risk of an area in England.

If you live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland

There are different ways to: