Report a road spillage

Report spillages on the road, such as oil, mud, sand or dropped cargo, to the local council or Highways England.

Local roads

Contact the local council to report spillages on local roads.

For example SW1A 2AA

Find a postcode on Royal Mail's postcode finder

What you need to know

  • Available in England and Wales only

Major roads

Contact Highways England if the spillage is on a motorway or an A road they manage in England.