Contact an exam board to get a replacement exam certificate. You may need to prove your identity to get your certificate.

Exam boards

Some exams boards have merged - check the name of the old exam board and find out which exam board you should contact now.

Exam boards issue certificates for O level, CSE, GSCE and A level results. Contact the exam boards to see what other qualification certificates they can issue:

Contact the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) for replacement certificates for Scottish qualifications.

Exam boards can’t always give you a replacement certificate but they will give you a ‘certified statement of results’. This is an official document that can be used in place of your exam certificate.

There might be a charge for issuing your replacement certificate or certified statement of results.

Help us improve GOV.UK

Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.