You can't apply for this licence online. Contact your local council.


You must get approval to run courses for under 19s if they receive an external qualification.

If your course is funded by a state maintained school or authorised body, it must be approved by:

  • the Secretary of State in England
  • the National Assembly for Wales (NAW) in Wales

Authorised bodies in England include:

Authorised bodies in Wales include:

  • local education authorities
  • the NAW
  • any other body specified by the NAW

How to get approval

Send a completed application form and evaluation template to the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (the address is on the form).