Apply for this licence
Start now on the Gas Safe Register website
You must be on the Gas Safe Register to carry out gas work legally. You’ll need to renew your registration every year.
How to apply
You’ll need to pay:
- £434.40 to register one engineer
- £63.60 for each extra engineer
Before you start
- your company’s name (and your trading name if it’s different)
- your company’s address and phone number
- National Insurance numbers for any engineers you want to register
- a credit or debit card
You’ll need to prove you have the necessary experience to carry out gas work.
If you don’t have any industry experience you may need National or Scottish Vocational Qualifications before you can register.
You’ll need to retrain before registering if your qualifications are more than 5 years old.
When you register for the first time (or after an extended break) you’ll be on probation for 3 months. You must keep records and tell the Gas Safety Register about all of your gas work.
You’ll get a Gas Safe ID card when you’re registered. You’ll need to carry this to prove you’re on the Gas Safe Register.
Renew your registration
You’ll need to renew your registration every year.