UK visas and registering with the police

Skip to contents of guide

Where to register

The police station you go to depends on where you live.

If you live outside London

Contact your local police station to find out where to go if you live in:

If you live in London

Contact your local police station if you live in the City of London.

Anywhere else in London

Register at the Overseas Visitors Records Office (OVRO) if you live in an area of London covered by the Metropolitan Police.

Download the registration pro forma - follow the instructions to fill it in and take it with you.

Overseas Visitors Records Office (OVRO)
323 Borough High Street

You can check what to expect when you register.