After you're registered
You must continue to meet the registration standards for the whole time you’re working as a childminder or childcare provider.
Keep your details up to date
You must tell Ofsted about any changes that affect your childcare.
You can use Ofsted Online to report changes to:
- the premises
- contact details
- the staff or adults living on the childminding premises
- childcare hours
- the registered person or nominated individual
You’ll need to log in using your Government Gateway ID and choose ‘self-service’.
You can read a full list of changes you must report. If you’re on the:
- Early Years Register read pages 31 and 32 of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Childcare Register read pages 46 and 47 of the registration handbook
Reporting accidents and incidents
Use the early years incident online form to report:
- allegations that someone living, working or looking after children on the premises has committed serious harm or abuse
- anything that might affect the suitability of someone on the premises to look after children
- a serious accident, injury or illness to a child, for example food poisoning
- a child’s death
Report other types of incident by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, for example if you close your premises due to bad weather.
If you need to cancel an inspection because you’ve closed your premises for any reason, call Ofsted on 0300 123 1231.
If you want to work on new premises
You must apply for approval if you want to provide childcare on a new non-domestic premises.
Your application is approved or refused in the same way as your original registration.
If you currently only work on domestic premises
If you’re a childminder or provide childcare on domestic premises, you can apply to work on non-domestic premises for up to half of your time.
You’ll need to get approval for each premises you want to provide childcare on.
Tell Ofsted about a change
When it’s not possible to notify Ofsted in advance, you must tell them as soon as you can. It’s an offence not to tell Ofsted within 14 days of a change happening.
Or write to:
Remove yourself from the register
Contact Ofsted if you want to be removed from either the Childcare Register or the Early Years Register.
Resigning from the register doesn’t affect any future application you make to provide childcare.