Start now on Natural Resources Wales
You must register with Natural Resource Wales if your main place of business is Wales and you:
- transport waste as part of your business
- buy, sell or dispose of waste
- arrange for someone else to buy, sell or dispose of waste
Your registration will cover the whole of Great Britain.
If you just transport waste you produce yourself, registration is usually free and renews automatically.
You’ll need to pay £154 and renew your licence every 3 years if you transport:
- other people’s waste
- construction or demolition waste you produce yourself
You can be fined up to £5,000 if you don’t register.
Before you start
You’ll need contact details for your business or organisation.
If waste is your main business you’ll need:
- the names and dates of birth of the executives, owners, directors or partners in your organisation
- conviction details for any environmental offences committed by people managing your organisation
If you’re renewing, you’ll need your waste carrier registration number. To find it look at your registration letter or email, or search the register of waste carriers.
What happens next
Once registered, your organisation will be included in a public register of waste carriers in Wales.
Updating your registration
You must update your details within 28 days if you change:
- your contact details
- your organisation’s management
- what your registration covers