1. Overview

If you can’t earn as much as you used to because of an accident or disease caused by your work, you could get up to £66.40 per week Reduced Earnings Allowance.

You can only get it for accidents that happened, or diseases that started, before 1 October 1990.

Effect on other benefits

Reduced Earnings Allowance may affect any income-related benefits you or your partner are getting, contact the Barnsley Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) centre for details.

You may also be able to get IIDB.