Anyone can make a nomination. To be nominated for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise Promotion, an individual must:
- contribute more than just the requirements of their paid job or main activity to the promotion of business enterprise or entrepreneurial skills (or both)
- be active in the role or area they’re being nominated for, and have been for at least 2 years
- have made their contribution to enterprise promotion in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
- not already hold a Queen’s Award for Enterprise Promotion (you can’t get one twice because you hold it for life, but previously unsuccessful nominees can be nominated again)
- not have been awarded honours for enterprise promotion by Her Majesty the Queen
You can’t nominate yourself for this award.
Nominees should not be told about the nomination unless it’s successful.