Documents you must provide
When you apply you must provide:
- a current passport or other valid travel identification - your passport must have a blank page for your visa
- proof that you can support yourself during your trip, for example bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months
- details of where you intend to stay and your travel plans - you shouldn’t pay for accommodation or travel until you get your visa
- a formal invitation from the UK-based organisation or authority you’ll be paid by
- proof that the paid engagement relates to your expertise, qualifications and main job in your home country, for example a letter from your employer
Check the guide for a full list of documents you must provide.
You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh.
You must provide extra documents if you’re an established arts, entertainment or sporting professional. You can provide any of the following:
- publicity material
- proof of awards
- media coverage and reviews
- proof of recent performances
You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.