You can apply for a Permitted Paid Engagement visa if you:
- want to come to the UK to do specific paid work without having to be sponsored under the points-based visa system
- are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- meet the other eligibility requirements
How long it will take
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.
You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
You can check the guide processing times to see how long getting a visa might take in your country.
A Permitted Paid Engagement visa costs £80.
How long you can stay
You can stay in the UK for up to 1 month.
What you can and can’t do
- be a student examiner or assessor
- take part in selection panels for the education, arts or research organisation you’re invited by as a highly qualified academic
- give lectures, as long as you’re not in a formal teaching role
- examine UK-based pilots so they meet the standards of the country you come from, by invitation of an approved UK training organisation regulated by the UK Civil Aviation Authority
- provide advocacy in a particular area of law
- take part in arts, entertainment or sporting activities including broadcasting
- take part in fashion modelling assignments
- do specific paid work unrelated to your main job or area of expertise at home or sell merchandise, other than what’s allowed by your visa
- extend this visa or switch to another visa
- live in the UK for extended periods
- get public funds
- marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
- get private medical treatment
- bring family members (‘dependants’) with you on your application - they must apply separately