Make an online or telephone bank transfer
You can make a transfer from your bank account by Faster Payments, CHAPS or Bacs.
|Sort code||Account number||Account name|
|08 32 10||12001039||HMRC Cumbernauld|
If your account is overseas
|Account number (IBAN)||Bank identifier code (BIC)||Account name|
You’ll need to use your 13-character accounts office reference number as the payment reference. You can find this:
- in your HMRC online account
- on the letter HMRC sent you when you registered as an employer (or sent to your accountant or tax adviser if they registered on your behalf)
- in the front of your payment booklet if you have one
You need to add extra numbers to your 13-character accounts office reference number each time you make:
- an early payment (before the 6th of the tax month or quarter the payment is due)
- a late payment (on or after the 5th of the tax month after the payment was due)
Your payment may be delayed if you use the wrong reference number.
How long it takes
Payments made by Faster Payments (online or telephone banking) will usually reach HMRC on the same or next day.
CHAPS payments usually reach HMRC the same working day if you pay within your bank’s processing times.
Bacs payments usually take 3 working days.
Check your bank’s transaction limits and processing times before making a payment.
Multiple PAYE schemes
Send an online CHAPS enquiry form if you want to make a single payment via CHAPS for multiple PAYE schemes.
HMRC’s banking address is:
Barclays Bank PLC
1 Churchill Place