You have 30 days from the date on the PAYE late penalty notice to pay or appeal it.
This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
Ways to pay
Make sure you pay HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) by the deadline.
The time you need to allow depends on how you pay.
You can no longer pay at the Post Office.
Same or next day
- online or telephone banking (Faster Payments)
- through your online bank account
- by debit or corporate credit card online
- at your bank or building society
3 working days
5 working days
- Direct Debit (if you have not set up one for HMRC before)
If the deadline falls on a weekend or bank holiday, make sure your payment reaches HMRC on the last working day before it (unless you’re paying by Faster Payments).