You can't apply for this licence online. Contact your local council.


Unless it is for immediate use at a mine or quarry, you need a manufacturing licence to combine ammonium nitrate and fuel oil to create mixtures for use in certain blasting operations.

Licences are obtained from the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) in England, Wales and Scotland. In Northern Ireland you need a licence from the Northern Ireland Office (NIO).