Before you register
All limited companies must be registered (incorporated) with Companies House. To do this you need:
- the company’s name and registered address
- at least one director
- at least one shareholder
- details of the company’s shares - known as ‘memorandum of association’
- rules about how the company is run - known as ‘articles of association’
How to register
You can do this:
- online - but only if the company is limited by shares and uses model articles of association
- by post using form IN01 - you must do this if you change the model articles or use your own
- using an agent
Fees and how long it takes
Online takes 48 hours and costs £15 (paid by debit or credit card or Paypal).
Postal applications take 8 to 10 days and cost £40 (paid by cheque made out to ‘Companies House’). You can get a same day service by post. It costs £100 but you must get your application to Companies House by 3pm.
Where to send your form
The address you need is on the form.