Strategic Partnerships for Higher Education Innovation and Reform
- Department for International Development
- 24 February 2017
- Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Burma, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia Ghana, India, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, The Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, and South Sudan
- Agriculture, Climate change, Disabilities, Education, Empowerment and accountability Environment, Girls and women, Health, Humanitarian emergencies/disasters, Livelihoods, Peace and access to justice, Private sector/business, Technology, Trade, and Water and sanitation
- Eligible organisations:
- Non-governmental organisations (NGOs), UK-based non-profit organisations, Companies, and Educational institutions
- Value of funding:
- More than £1,000,000
SPHEIR is an innovative higher education partnerships programme to strengthen the capacity of higher education institutions in DFID priority countries.
Call for applications opened on 21 October 2016
SPHEIR is a dynamic and innovative higher education partnerships programme that:
- helps to progress development outcomes
- strengthens the capacity of higher education Institutions in DFID priority countries to act as catalysts for poverty reduction and sustainable development
- enables capacity strengthened higher education institutions in those priority countries to significantly influence Millenium Development Goals (MDG) related policy and practice
The main call for applications opened on 21 October 2016.
What the fund will achieve
SPHEIR will focus on embedding change at the systemic level. By nurturing innovation and scaling up effective solutions, SPHEIR aims to deliver strategic and transformative change in higher education systems to ensure sustainable impact.
How to apply
Full details about SPHEIR and how to apply for partnership funding can be found on the SPHEIR website
Published: 24 February 2017
Countries: Afghanistan Bangladesh Burma Democratic Republic of the Congo Ethiopia Ghana India Kenya Kyrgyzstan Liberia Malawi Mozambique Nepal Nigeria The Occupied Palestinian Territories Pakistan Rwanda Sierra Leone Somalia South Africa Sudan South Sudan
Sector: Agriculture Climate change Disabilities Education Empowerment and accountability Environment Girls and women Health Humanitarian emergencies/disasters Livelihoods Peace and access to justice Private sector/business Technology Trade Water and sanitation
Value of funding: More than £1,000,000