The Southern Africa Trust is an independent, regional, non-profit agency registered in South Africa. It supports:
- organisations and processes with regional impact
- deeper and wider engagement in policy dialogue
- public policy development aiming to reduce poverty
- the voices of the poor to be heard in policy processes
Most governments in southern Africa have developed poverty reduction strategy papers to help their countries achieve the Millennium Development Goals. These papers aim to promote growth, democratic governance and social and economic justice. However, many of these processes require more integrated regional approaches and stronger engagement by civil society and the private sector. This must take place at both national and regional levels.
How to apply
For further information, please see the Southern Africa Trust website.
- Development Tracker - Detailed information on the fund