- Department for International Development
- 28 October 2016
- Last updated:
- 2 March 2017, see all updates
- Afghanistan, Burma, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- Disabilities, Education, Empowerment and accountability, Girls and women, and Livelihoods
- Eligible organisations:
- Non-governmental organisations (NGOs), UK-based non-profit organisations, UK-based small and diaspora organisations, and Companies
The Girls' Education Challenge (GEC) is helping up to a million of the world’s poorest girls improve their lives through education.
The concept note application process for the Leave No Girl Behind (LNGB) funding window is closed. Thank you to all those organisations that applied.
The Fund Manager has launched a new system for managing informaiton for the LNGB window to improve the quality of data managment, whilst maintaining a fair and transparent procurement process.
From now on, please use the following link to submit any further questions or queries you may have about the LNGB funding window: LNGB Queries.
So far, the Girls’ Education Challenge has reached over one million marginalised girls. We want to reach more. On 7 July, the Secretary of State for International Development announced £100 million of further funding for the Girls’ Education Challenge.
This provides an exciting opportunity to continue our work to support some of the world’s most marginalised girls and to stretch our ambition to ‘leave no one behind’.
For further information, please visit the GEC webpage on the Leave No Girl Behind (LNGB) funding window.
Concept note applications for the LNGB window has now closed. The Fund Manager will not be accepting any more Concept Notes at this time. If you have submitted a Concept Note you will be notified of the outcome by the Fund Manager, once the LNGB Concept Note review process is complete.
Procurement rules prohibit us from providing feedback or engaging in one-to-one conversations regarding applications whilst the review process is on-going. To ensure the transparency of this process all communications should be directed to the Fund Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries please get in contact with the Fund Manager directly.
- Leave no girl behind flyer
- Leave no girl behind key messages
- Leave no girl behind overview presentation
- Development Tracker - Detailed information on the fund
For any information about this funding window, including to register your interest to receive access to the online Concept Note template and accompanying guidance, please e-mail email@example.com
7 More London Riverside
Tel: +44 (0)20 7213 5969 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: 28 October 2016
Updated: 2 March 2017
- Concept note application stage now closed
- Applications for Leave No Girl Behind (LNGB) concept notes are now open
- New funding announced