- Department for International Development
- 26 August 2014
- Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Burma, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia Ghana, India, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, The Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- Climate change, Education, Health, Livelihoods, Private sector/business, Technology, and Water and sanitation
- Eligible organisations:
Partnership opportunities for companies developing innovative business models that offer both commercial success and development impact.
The Business Call to Action (BCtA) is a membership organisation. Participants include national, regional, and multinational companies of all sizes that are committed to contributing to development solutions through their core business activities. Member companies represent a diversity of sectors, including financial services, information and communication technology, agribusiness, manufacturing and extractive industries.
How to partner
Companies apply to join the BCtA by submitting an application form to the Secretariat.
Worldwide, 94 companies have responded to the BCtA by making commitments to improve the lives and livelihoods of millions through commercially-viable business ventures that engage low-income people as consumers, producers, suppliers, and distributors of goods and services. Participating companies benefit from the BCtA’s ability to provide:
- a global leadership platform and opportunities to share expertise, knowledge, and best practices for market-based approaches to development
- initiative development advice and assistance
- linkages with companies, donors, and other key stakeholders.
Published: 26 August 2014
Countries: Afghanistan Bangladesh Burma Democratic Republic of the Congo Ethiopia Ghana India Kenya Kyrgyzstan Liberia Malawi Mozambique Nepal Nigeria The Occupied Palestinian Territories Pakistan Rwanda Sierra Leone Somalia South Africa Sudan South Sudan Tajikistan Tanzania Uganda Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe
Eligible organisations: Companies