How to claim
You’ll need to fill in and post a claim form.
The form comes with notes that:
- help you fill it in
- tell you where to send it
Download and print a claim form
To claim for:
Request a claim form by phone
You can also ask Barnsley Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) Centre to send you a claim form.
Barnsley IIDB Centre
Telephone: 0800 121 8379
Textphone: 0800 169 0314
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Find out about call charges
Call to ask for alternative formats, such as braille, large print or audio CD.
After you send your form
Your claim will be assessed if you are terminally ill or you have any of the following:
- diffuse mesothelioma
- angiosarcoma of the liver due to exposure to vinyl chloride monomer
- primary carcinoma of the bronchus or lung through exposure to arsenic
- primary carcinoma of the bronchus or lung through exposure to Nickel/Nickel compounds
- primary carcinoma of the lung where there is accompanying evidence of asbestosis
- primary carcinoma of the lung, through exposure to asbestos
- primary carcinoma of the lung, linked to tin and other specified chemicals or work with coke ovens
- primary carcinoma of the lung where there is accompanying silicosis
If you have any other illness or condition, you can still make a claim. The assessment of your claim may be delayed because of coronavirus (COVID-19). When your claim is considered, your IIDB payments will be backdated to the date DWP received your claim form.
If your claim is currently being considered, you cannot have a face to face medical assessment because of coronavirus. DWP will contact you about your claim.
If you disagree with a decision
You can challenge a decision about your claim. This is called asking for ‘mandatory reconsideration’.