1. Overview

You may be able to get a payment if you’ve been diagnosed with the asbestos related disease, diffuse mesothelioma.

There are 2 types of payment you can claim for:

  • diffuse mesothelioma payments (the ‘2008 scheme’)
  • the Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme (DMPS)

You can claim DMPS if you can’t find the employer responsible for your contact with asbestos, or their insurer.

Help us improve GOV.UK

Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.