Back to contents

TCTM02075 - Entitlement: Residence rules - Right to reside: A self-sufficient person

The Immigration (European Economic Area) 2006 Regulations, regulation 4, (1), (c)

Self-sufficient Person - European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss nationals

A self-sufficient person may have a right to reside in the United Kingdom if they have:

  • sufficient resources for themselves and their family members not to become a burden on the social assistance system of the United Kingdom during their period of residence; and
  • comprehensive sickness insurance cover for them self and their family members in the United Kingdom.

“Social assistance” is Income Support or State Pension Credit.