This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Tax Credits Technical Manual

Entitlement: Residence rules - Right to reside: Qualified persons

The Immigration (European Economic Area) 2006 Regulations, regulations 6, (1) & 14, (1)

A qualified person - European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss nationals

A ‘qualified person’ is someone who is in the United Kingdom and by virtue of EU legislation is a:

  • worker;
  • self-employed person;
  • self-sufficient person;
  • student
  • Jobseeker

A ‘qualified person’ has a right to reside in the UK for as long as they remain a ‘qualified person’