This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Tax Credits Manual

How to calculate a reimbursement

Version 1.0

Changes to previous version - new guidance

Step 1

Convert the Other Member State (OMS) reimbursement to sterling using the daily exchange rates

If the amount converted is greater than the amount of Child Tax Credit (CTC) arrears reimburse the OMS with the full amount of arrears of CTC 

If the amount converted is less than the amount of CTC arrears, deduct the amount of CTC arrears from the OMS request and reimburse the difference 

Note: You can only pay a reimbursement to the OMS from arrears of CTC that have been withheld. If the arrears available are less than the amount requested. The OMS will have to pursue recovery from the customer