How to calculate the Loss of Benefit Sanction amount
On the ‘Function Menu’
- select ‘Award’ on the tool bar
- select ‘View’ from the options available. You will be taken to the ‘Key Entry Data’ screen
- enter the customer’s NINO
- select the ‘latest’ checkbox
- select ‘OK’
- go to Step 2.
- select ‘View Calculation’. You will be taken to the ‘View Calculation’ screen
- select ‘View Elements’. You will be taken to the ‘View Elements’ screen
- from this screen make a note of the Working Tax Credit (WTC) amount and the number of days in the award period
- go to Step 3.
Calculate the sanction amount
- divide the WTC amount by the number of days in the award period to obtain the daily rate
- multiply the daily rate by the number of days in the sanction period to give the sanction amount.
Note: this will give you the 100% sanction amount. You will need to halve this figure if you are applying a 50% sanction.