How to check NIRS to confirm liability to Class 2 NI contributions
Changes to previous version - new guidance.
Use the Access to NIRS Person system on your desktop to check there is liability to Class 2 NI contributions
- in the ‘Resource Group’ section
- select ‘OK’
- select ‘OK’. You’ll be taken to the ‘Open Person File’ box
- enter the customer’s or partner’s NINO
- select ‘OK’. You’ll be taken to the ‘Identity Screen’ box
- select the ‘Liability’ page. You’ll be taken to a black screen
- select ‘Options’
select ‘Build list’. This will show the following information
- the date the customer arrived in the UK
- the date the customer registered their self-employment
Note: If an ‘End’ date is shown, this will indicate the customer has ended their self-employed.
- take a screen print of the screen shown.
Note: To take a screen print - select the ‘Print Screen’ button on your keyboard, open a blank Word document and then select ‘Paste’.