How to make sure the customer provides the correct identification when requesting an Enquiry Centre appointment
Changes to previous version - new guidance.
Note: The customer will need to provide two forms of identification before an appointment at the Enquiry Centre can be undertaken. One must contain a picture of themselves and the second must contain their own name and current home address.
Examples of acceptable forms of identification are
- current passport or identity card
- current photo driving licence
- current student card
- employment pass
- identity card for foreign nationals
- utility bill for gas, electric or council tax dated within the last three months
- citizen card
- national health service card
- national savings or building society pass book
- current local authority or housing association rent book
Note: We don’t accept rent books from private landlords.
- UK residence permit
- life assurance or insurance policies
- divorce or annulment papers
- cheque book, if the customer’s address is shown.
Note: This list isn’t exhaustive.