How to calculate the outstanding overpayment before the time to pay (TTP) arrangement
Changes to previous version - new guidance.
On the ‘Function Menu’
- select ‘Household’ on the toolbar
- select ‘View Household Account’ from the options available. You’ll be taken to the ‘Key Entry Data’ screen
- enter the customer’s NINO
- select the ‘All’ checkbox
- select the ‘Summary’ screen
- select ‘OK’. You’ll be taken to the ‘Select Award’ screen
- select the relevant award period that you’ve identified as having a TTP in place
- select ‘OK’. You’ll be taken to the ‘View Award Period Summary’ screen
- make a separate note of the figures in the ‘Payments In’ fields
Note: You’ll need the separate figures later
- the payment in figures you’ve noted
- the outstanding overpayment figure that you’ve previously noted
- any class 2 remission figures (or class 5B remission figures where class 2 wasn’t available) that you’ve previously noted.
The total is the overpayment outstanding before the TTP was put in place.
Note: Some of the items listed may not be relevant depending on the customer’s circumstances.
For example: if you’ve not identified a class 2 remission, add together the payment in figure and the outstanding overpayment figure. The total will be the overpayment outstanding before the TTP was put in place.
If there’s no class 2 remission and no outstanding overpayment, the payments in figure alone will represent the overpayment outstanding before the TTP was put in place.