How to view Household Account to establish if all the manual payments have been posted to the customer's account
On the ‘Function Menu’
- select ‘Household’ on the toolbar
- select ‘View Account’ from the options available. You’ll be taken to the ‘Key Entry Data - Applicant’ screen
- enter the customer’s NINO
- select the ‘All’ checkbox
- select the ‘Postings’ checkbox
- select ‘OK’. You’ll be taken to the ‘Select Award’ screen
Note: An error message may be displayed stating you are denied access to details for that customer. If this happens, follow the guidance in TCM0068160.
- go to Step 2.
Note: Cash cheques may have been used as a payment method prior to April 2017, however since April 2017 customers will need to be paid directly into a bank or building society account. Customers will be required to supply us with account details to enable payments to be made.
On the ‘Select Award’ screen
- select the tax year which relates to the manual payments you noted at step 2 of the guidance you were following
- select ‘OK’. You’ll be taken to the ‘View Award Period Postings’ screen
- from the notes you made at step 2 of the guidance you were following, check that all the manual payments have been recorded posted on the schedule. This will be shown as one of the following Posting types
- ‘MGPC’ for manual payments for Child Tax Credit (CTC)
- ‘MGPW’ for manual payments for Working Tax Credit (WTC)
- ‘MGPM’ for multiple manual payments.
Note: The schedule breaks down the total amount for each manual payment, for example a payment of £1,000 recorded on Household Notes will show as £350, £350 and £300 on the schedule with the same due date.