How to check whether an IVA remission has sent a payment to the customer
Changes to previous version - new guidance
On the ‘Function Menu’
- select ‘Household’ on the toolbar
- select ‘View Account’ from the options available. You’ll be taken to the ‘Key Entry Data’ screen
- enter the customer’s name
- select the ‘All’ checkbox
- select the ‘Summary’ screen
- select ‘OK’. You’ll be taken to the ‘Select Award’ screen
- select the award period on which you’ve remitted payments in or recoveries made since the IVA date
Note: You can identify the correct award period from the IVA and Cross Year Recovery Worksheets.
- select ‘OK’. You’ll be taken to the ‘View Award Period Summary’ screen. The amount that you’ve remitted will show in the ‘Adjustments’ field
- select ‘Postings’. You’ll be taken to the ‘View Award Period Postings’ screen
- check that the remission you made is showing in the ‘Postings’ list box and note the date in the ‘Postings Date’ field
- check whether a payment has been issued to the customer after the date the remission was posted.
Note: You can identify a payment to the customer by an entry in the ‘Description’ field of ‘BACS Claimant Payment Out for WTC/CTC’ and the posting date will usually be 24 or 48 hours after the remission posting date but may take longer.
Note: An entry in the ‘Postings’ list box with a description of ‘Set Off Payment from WTC/CTC’ occurring after the remission date doesn’t mean that a payment has been sent to the customer. It shows that the remission has resulted in arrears being used to reduce another tax credit overpayment that isn’t included in the IVA.