How to check if there has been a remission
On the ‘Function Menu’
- select ‘Household’ on the toolbar
- select ‘View Account’ from the options available. You’ll be taken to the ‘Key Entry Data - Applicant’ screen
- enter the customer’s NINO
- select the ‘Period’ checkbox
- enter the relevant period
Note: If the year you are checking for a remission is 2007-2008, you’ll enter 06-04-2007 - 05-04-2008.
- select the ‘Postings’ checkbox
- select ‘OK’.
If you are taken to the ‘Select Award’ screen
- select the relevant award
- select ‘OK’. You’ll be taken to the ‘View Award Period Postings’ screen
- go to Step 2.
If you are taken straight to the ‘View Award Period Postings’ screen, go to Step 2.
On the ‘View Award Period Postings’ screen, the manual payment has been posted when there are entries with ‘Manual Remission’ in the ‘Description’ column.
Note: Cash cheques may have been used as a payment method prior to April 2017, however since April 2017 customers will need to be paid directly into a bank or building society account. Customers will be required to supply us with account details to enable payments to be made.