How to check if a manual payment has been posted to the correct award
Note: Cash cheques may have been used as a payment method prior to April 2017, however since April 2017 customers will need to be paid directly into a bank or building society account. Customers will be required to supply us with account details to enable payments to be made.
On the ‘Function Menu’
- select ‘Household’ on the toolbar
- select ‘View Account’ from the options available. You’ll be taken to the ‘Key Entry Data - Applicant’ screen
- enter the customer’s NINO
- select the ‘All’ checkbox
- select the ‘Postings’ checkbox
- select ‘OK’.
If you are taken to the ‘Select Award’ screen
- select the relevant award
- select ‘OK’. You’ll be taken to the ‘View Award Period Postings’ screen
- go to Step 2.
If you are taken straight to the ‘View Award Period Postings’ screen, go to Step 2.
On the ‘View Award Period Postings’ screen, check that the manual payments have been posted to the correct award
- ‘MGPC’ is for manual payments for Child Tax Credit (CTC)
- ‘MGPW’ is for manual payments for Working Tax Credit (WTC)
- ‘MGPM’ is for multiple manual payments.